Direct links to our Conference Outreach Ministries' websites, if available:
Director of Missions and Advocacy
Click here to view a video on the ways ministry is taking place in Mobile, Alabama.
The Conference Board of Global Ministries works in several areas in the Alabama-West Florida Conference.
- The Division of United Methodist Volunteers In Mission seeks to promote UMVIM within the conference, provide Team Leader Training, and assist churches in sending short-term mission teams to national and international locations. Contact: email@example.com.
- The Division of Health and Welfare Ministries coordinates the Golden Cross fund and assists local churches in becoming congregations of health, healing and wholeness. Parish nursing is also in this division. Contact Julie Terrell: firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-712-0456, or click here for more information.
- The Division of Advance Specials coordinates the conference Advance Special giving program, which is an accountable, designated arm of the conference that ensures 100% of each gift is used for its intended mission or ministry.
Contact Bill Felio: 334-799-9928
- The Division of Parish and Community Development works with smaller and rural churches in their development.
- The Division of Disaster Response and Recovery Ministry provides advance disaster preparedness training for local churches. It provides training for Emergency Response teams as well as individuals. It responds to natural disasters in the conference and coordinates the conference response to disasters throughout the world. Contact Amelia Fletcher: email@example.com or 251-978-8384
General Board of Global Ministries
United Methodist Volunteers In Mission