Disability Awareness Sunday
Disabilities Sunday Designated in the AWF Conference
Sunday, October 20, 2019, is designated as Disability Awareness Sunday in the Alabama - West Florida Conference. Every year will designate a Sunday for this purpose. Click here to read more about last year's special Sunday.
Ideas to celebrate Disability Awareness Sunday:
- Plan a worship service themed around God’s love and acceptance of all of us.
- Have persons with disabilities participate in the worship service as greeters, ushers, musicians and /or speakers.
- Highlight existing ministries in your church or programs in your community that serve those with disabilities.
- Include a flyer in your church bulletin.
- Incorporate ideas from these resources: http://www.umdisabilityministries.org/dasunday
Share with us how your church celebrated Disabilities Awareness Sunday. Contact Berta Hurston at email@example.com or Susan Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org.