Continuing As a United Methodist Church Member: Transferring Membership


We want you to be United Methodist! Here are ways to stay connected and continue to be a part of the United Methodist Church in Alabama West Florida.

Consider Visiting a Nearby United Methodist Church

Contact your District Superintendent to receive help finding a nearby UMC.
Click here for district map. Click on your district for DS contact information. 

Move Your Membership to the General Church Membership Roll

If the church where you currently hold membership is disaffiliating from The United Methodist Church and you haven’t found a new place to call “home,” we invite you to move your membership to the General Church Membership Roll. This is a place to hold your membership “in the meantime” and to stay connected to the present and future ministry of The United Methodist Church. The General Church Membership Role is designed for those individuals who wish to remain active in The United Methodist Church by supporting it with your prayers, your presence, your gifts, your service, and your witness. The form to begin your membership transfer is linked below. Someone will be in touch with you to complete the process of transferring your UMC membership to the General Church Membership Roll.

Form for Transferring Church Membership


You may give your monthly tithe to the below link. Giving to this fund will be distributed to all conference benevolences in the current proportion as the approved annual conference budget.

Click here to give