Church to Church Partnerships
Your church has the opportunity to partner with one of our AWFC churches affected by Hurricane Michael in addition to financial contributions and work teams.
There are many ways your church can support your partner church beyond financial contributions and work teams. These are a few ideas to get you started:
- Share prayer requests, needs, joys and concerns between your congregations and earnestly pray for each other.
- Pulpit supply
- The pastor at the Marianna-Panama City District (MPC) church could use a break. Offer to fill his/her pulpit for one or more Sundays so he/she can rest and recuperate. Senior pastors, associate pastors, Lay Servants, etc., are all good options.
- Joint activities
- Have the MPC church youth group or older adults come to your church or area and provide a fun outing for them.
- Phone calls
- Make phone calls to church members, especially shut-ins and those displaced from the storm and let them know they are not forgotten.
- Provide other respite opportunities for the pastor(s) and staff
- The staff need a break and an opportunity for self-care. They need to get away from the destruction and smell fresh air, see trees that are whole and upright, and have some time away from phone calls and the many demands on their time. Does a church member have a lake house or something similar they and their family could use?
- Celebrate the affected congregation when they reach new milestones in their recovery.
- Adopt a family or families in the congregation or community and provide for their needs. Take your instructions from the pastor.
- Provide ministry support, such as VBS volunteers and decorations.
- Pay the church's apportionments for a month.
- Provide ministry resources
- other resources may have been lost, damaged or destroyed in the storm. What can your church share?
In order to ensure all churches are receiving financial support and work teams, please follow these guidelines to help in those ways:
- To donate financially, send checks made payable to AWFC to: The Alabama-West Florida Conference, 4719 Woodmere Blvd. Montgomery, AL, 36016. Include “Hurricane Michael Relief” in the memo line. You may designate your funds for a specific church; add the church name to the memo line.
- To send work teams, please register your teams through the online portal found at www.hurricanemichaelrecovery.org.
To sign up, to ask questions, and to share additional ideas:
Contact Susan Hunt at 334-356-8014 or email@example.com.
These churches still need partners: