Weaving Reading Groups
Weaving Reading Groups, a new small group ministry using a thematic, quarterly journal:
- Inspired by the deep desire to encounter and listen to God
- Grow spiritually by exploring how God’s life and human lives are being woven together in the world
- Based upon the classic spiritual discipline of sacred reading (Lectio Divina)
- Formed in a simple pattern of flexible small group ministry
A Weavings Reading Group is:
- Transformative - Individuals experience a deepened encounter with God through shared reading and listening
- Spiritually Focused - Each group selects an article of particular interest to participants.
- Small - Just right for 6 to 10 persons.
- Flexible - Each group determines the number of sessions in a series.
- Easily Resourced - Readings are selected from issues of the award-winning journal,
- Weavings, each bi-monthly issue ships automatically.
- Group orders are available for $3 (5-9 copies) or $2.50 (10 or more copies)
Weavings is considered to be a significant contemporary resource in the field of Christian spirituality.
The spiritual life does not begin with special knowledge and end in flight from the world. Woven throughout the pages of Weavings are convictions about Christian spiritual life that shape the selections in the journal – simplicity, authenticity, and inclusiveness.
At Weavings, we consider freelance work that is written to correspond with our upcoming themes. Please read the Writer’s Guidelines, theme descriptions, and due dates carefully before submitting material.
For questions or additional information 1-800-491-0912 or Weavings@upperroom.org.