Youth Pastor - Demopolis First (Demopolis, AL)
First United Methodist Church, Demopolis, AL is a welcoming, Christ-centered church. Our church has almost 900 members with a very supportive congregation. Demopolis First is seeking a youth pastor for our youth who are hungry for spiritual growth, service oriented, and heavily involved in local community.
- A solid faith and love of Jesus Christ
- Ability to communicate a need for a personal relationship with Christ to our teens
- Strong Disciple, and possess a heart for discipling youth
- Ability to build on our current success and continue to expand our small group studies, Sunday morning worship, Sunday school, missions and fellowship
- Ability to coordinate Wednesday and Sunday night youth programming, mission trips and spiritual retreats, as well as other special events
- Understanding of Wesleyan theology and United Methodist doctrine
- Ability and willingness to assist and work alongside other church staff members
- College degree (Emphasis on Youth ministry preferred but not necessary)
- Experience in leading youth
- Strong relational skills
- Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications
Please submit your resume, salary requirements, and a minimum of three references to Janice Holemon, First United Methodist Church, 200 E. Decatur Street, Demopolis, AL 36732, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until May 31, 2016 with interviews to follow over the following two weeks. Our goal is to the position filled by July 1, 2016, if possible.
The city of Demopolis is located at the confluence of the Tombigbee and Black Warrior Rivers in north Marengo County and, as such, is a sportsman’s paradise! Hunting, fishing, boating, and camping opportunities abound. Home to a population of over 7,000 residents, Demopolis is big enough for convenience and small enough to feel like home. A lovely town with historic preservation and commercial growth, Demopolis is often dubbed “The Jewel of the Black Belt.” We are a short 50-mile trip to either Tuscaloosa and The University of Alabama campus, or Meridian, Mississippi. Want to get away for the weekend? Demopolis is a quick 2-hour trip to downtown Birmingham and all of its cultural amenities. Need some sun-n-sea? The beautiful Gulf Coast of Alabama and Florida is less than 200 miles due south of town. Come visit us here in one of Alabama’s best kept secrets!