First United Methodist Church of Pace, FL is seeking an energetic and outgoing part-time worship leader for 10-15 hours per week for our 11:00 AM Worship Service. Pace has two worship services at 8:30 and 11:00 (average weekly attendance is 225). Our 11:00 worship service is contemporary, led by a worship band. We are seeking someone to lead the congregation instrumentally and vocally in worship and praise, as well as train, lead, pray for, and invest in the worship team members, both as a team and as individuals.
Candidates must be growing in their own faith journey, warm-hearted, well organized, and committed to mainline Christian faith in the Methodist tradition. A full job description is available upon application for this position. Please note that no relocation assistance is available. Come be a part of the new life the Holy Spirit is breathing into our church!
Candidates should be able to:
• Provide musical leadership and accompaniment for worship services.
• Be responsible for working with the Pastor to creatively plan and design weekend worship experiences.
• Recruit, train and oversee volunteers for all worship arts elements, included but not limited to: vocalists, instrumentalists, sound/lighting team, tech team
• Participate in annual Children’s Vacation Bible School music program.
• Provide music for special services (i.e. Christmas Eve, Easter, weddings* and funerals*). *additional compensation provided.
• Be responsible for the overall selection of music for the worship service and communicate the selection to the church secretary according to scheduled deadlines for publication.
• Maintain audio/video equipment and ensure regular upgrades are made.
• Lead regular weekly rehearsals in addition to "special" rehearsals during the year.
Please send a resume and a video sample of you leading worship if possible via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or USPS to:
FUMC Pace / Search Committee
4540 Chumuckla Hwy
Pace, Florida 32571
NOTE: Posting for Choir Director of Traditional Service has also been posted. Could be combined with this position.
Contact: David Hoppenjan
Address: 4540 Chumuckla Highway Pace FL 32571
Phone: 850–994-5608 ext. 102