Full-Time Director of Children's and Youth Ministries - Ocala West UMC (Ocala, Fl)
A large, vibrant, growing United Methodist Church located 15 minutes west of I-75 in Ocala, Florida seeks a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries. The Director’s primary responsibilities include the discipling of children, youth and their families and the integration of these families into the life of the church.
Salary based on experience and related education. High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college and 2 years or more of experience in children and/or youth ministry preferred.
- Reach the hearts and lives of children, youth and their families by passionately living and sharing the transforming love of Christ
- Provide developmentally appropriate, faith-filled, fun opportunities for spiritual growth for children, youth and families
- Commit to grow as a high capacity leader and team player through evaluation, feedback, continuing education and mentoring
- Oversee paid, professional Childcare/Nursery Staff
- Manage established programs with volunteers, including Vacation Bible School, Confirmation and attendance at a Methodist Summer Camp
- Recruit, train, evaluate, appreciate, and love ministry volunteers
- Join a passionate, joyful, fun ministry staff team and be prayed for, supported and resourced for ministry
- Incorporate music at programming by the already established cooperative music ministry team partnerships working both in children’s and youth ministries
- Work closely with the Director of Adult Ministries for parent integration
- Communicate with excellence—written, verbal, public speaking and with computers, technology, PowerPoint and social media
- Lead, organize and oversee teams and subcommittees related to above ministries as well as prepare, maintain and propose annual ministry budget
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 7, 2017.
9330 SW 105 Street Ocala FL 34481
Attached file(s): view file