Orange Beach United Methodist Church is seeking a Children’s Minister, full time, 40 hours per week. The Children’s Minister is responsible for leading, overseeing, and evaluating the entire Children’s Ministry at Orange Beach UMC. This will involve planning and implementing weekly activities for children age birth through 6th grade. This will also involve responsibility for planning and coordinating regular children’s activities such as trips, retreats, projects, seasonal activities, and outreach to the children in our area along with Wednesdays for Bible Club and Sundays for all services
The Children’s Minister is responsible to the Senior Pastor and the Staff/Parish Relations Committee (SPRC).
• To read and study children’s ministry, church growth literature, and participate in continuing education events for children’s ministry.
• To assist in the recruiting and training of volunteers as needed
• To provide the direction and assistance as needed with the volunteer workers as each relates to the organization of the well-rounded ministry to children of all ages.
• To seek to develop and staff children’s choirs and/or work in cooperation with the Children’s and Nursery Coordinators and the Music Minister to involve children in 2-3 productions a year.
• To make recommendations to SPRC in relation to division of labor, further staffing needs, and evaluations of the Children’s Ministry.
• To oversee the organization of monthly activities, a full summertime schedule and other seasonal activities through appropriate work areas.
• To seek to provide quality programming for children during Holy Week and Revival Services. (special services for adults)
• To keep records of children and prospects, updating weekly.
• To print monthly newsletter/or use weekly newsletter to adequately publicize all events
• To maintain supply closet and provide central purchasing for children’s activities
• To develop and maintain a Wednesday Bible Club program for children, including the recruitment and training of volunteers and the ordering of all materials.
• To develop, provide direction, and staff Children’s Church for both services
• To investigate new ways to spread the Gospel to unchurched children.
• To design children’s visitor packet for visitors about everything offered through our Children’s Ministry. Also, for the Children’s Minister to personally reach out to all new visiotrs.
Necessary Qualifications & Spiritual Qualities
• Must be spiritually mature person, exhibiting the qualities specified for leaders in I Timothy and Titus.
• Must have strong personal commitment to leading children and adults to knowledge of the saving grace of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
• Must love the church and its ministries.
• Must have a 4 year degree (Christian Education or children related degree (preferred but not required)
• Must have significant relational skills, especially with children.
• Must have skills in organizing weekly activities, trips, and public speaking
• Must have organizational skills
• Must understand the significance and importance of children’s ministry in leading children to maturity in Christ
• Must be progressive minded with a commitment to growth, innovation, and creativity in using a variety of programs, styles, and forms of youth ministry.
• Must be a good team player
Contact: Dr. Alan McBride
Address: 28751 Canal Road Orange Beach AL 36561
Phone: (251) 981-6751