Who are we?
The Christian Educators Fellowship (CEF) is an organization for all Christian educators in The United Methodist Church. Membership is also open to non-United Methodist Christian educators. We provide members with the most current information and trends in Christian education. We do this through a variety of conferences, publications, and other resources. The National CEF website is www.cefumc.org.
What is our mission?
Believing that called, committed, and equipped leaders enable and empower the church's teaching and learning ministry for the formation of faithful disciples in today's world, Christian Educators Fellowship, The United Methodist Church, exists to nurture and support professional Christian educators and persons who have responsibility for the many expressions of educational ministries.
What are the benefits of membership?
Benefits of the $75 membership dues include the following:
• Fellowship, association, and communication with other Christian educators
• Members receive a discount on registration fees for CEF National Conferences.
• Representation in the decision-making councils of the church and Christian education
• Participation in local chapters chartered by CEF that provide annual conference, district, and area support relationships
• Christians in Education, a quarterly publication that provides thought-provoking articles and dialog about contemporary issues in Christian education
• CEF Newsline, a newsletter published at least twice a year that provides late-breaking announcements and news
• The Butterfly Network, a quarterly newsletter for local chapter officers
• CEF membership directory
• Advocacy brochures in areas such as interviewing, job descriptions, certification, stress, and position transition
• Information packets
• Ministry position announcements
• Consultation and support services from the CEF office
• Cokesbury discount
What is the purpose of the Alabama-West Florida Conference Chapter of CEF?
CEF chapters exist to provide support and encouragement to those involved in ministries of Christian education, to provide a network of Christian educators for sharing ideas and ministry resources and to offer continuing education opportunities.
When does our chapter meet?
The local chapter meets at Annual Conference and at least one additional time during the year
What does chapter membership cost?
Chapter membership dues are $10 each year to cover postage and mailing costs. Checks are payable to Christian Educators Fellowship.
Who do I contact to get more information?
Please contact the chapter president for more information:
Rev. Paula Roane
403 Racetrack Road SE
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Christian Education Week 2013 (english)